Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mission: Fix This Hurr

I have really put my hair through it.

First, I fried my hair with a too hot flat iron after it had already been extremely dry.
Then I stuck it in some box braids for a month with little to no moisture.
Then, my most recent fiasco, taking down my hair and dying it a light brown in the same day.

I'm worried my hair will not forgive me and start snapping off to commit suicide, so I am trying to make it up to my hair by showing it a little extra lovin'. Here is my lineup to try and restore my hair's deteriorating health:
Trader Joe's Coconut Oil


I heard everyone and their mama YouTube naturals raving about the benefits of coconut oil on your hair so I figured I would give it a shot.


Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque

I remember my hair really liking this product a few years back so, I'm using this in hopes that it will help keep the moisture.



My Trusty bottle of EVOO

Spray Bottle of H2O
I currently have my hair in mini twists. If I have been out and about during the day in the hot sun, I make sure to spritz it with some water and rub some coconut oil on the ends. If it is feeling exceptional dry and making that lovely crunchy sound I dampen my hair and add a little shea moisture then finish with the coconut oil. I have been doing this for three days now and so far, my hair is feeling better. It feels softer and springs back when I stretch a twist. I will be sure to post updates.



No comments:

Post a Comment